Saturday, July 17, 2010
Walker Watch 2010 : Day 284
Are we ready for Walker? Does a bear poop in the woods? Yes....we are very excited for our son to make his grand entrance. I have been antsy the past couple of days and kind of feeling like my body isn't getting the job done. I'm a just a little bit of a control freak (to say the least) and having something I can't predict or manage is difficult. Wait...I'm about to have a child, isn't that the biggest challenge of things you can't predict or control...why heck yes it is!
We had an ultrasound appointment yesterday and visited with my borrowed OB. Everything was great actually. Walker is weighing in at a healthy 7.9 lbs and has good amniotic fluid levels. So...I have decided my little man is giving me a final weekend to be with my husband and fine tune my state of mind. I've decided to take advantage and stop beating myself up. This little joker knows when he wants to arrive...so I'll let him call the shots.
Things the weekend might or might not hold...
1. Stalking the American Idol judges who are in town for auditions. Randy Jackson, what up dawg?!?
2. Antique shopping in Franklin
3. Seeking out Joe Biden (who is also in Nashville this weekend) and snapping a pic of those big teeth in person.
4. Cooking a big breakfast for sweet Chad who has been cooking dinners for the past week.
5. The mega relaxation combo...sleep in, long baths with a book and a prenatal massage.
All in all...we are excited about Walker arriving, but we are enjoying this last quiet time in our house. Thanks for everyone checking up on us...we appreciate the love.